Recipe from: Kylie Perrotti
Spicy, comforting and rich curry noodle soup all under 30 minutes? This is Kylie Perrotti's vegan take on the Malaysian curry mee!
|Prep Time: 5 mins||Cook Time: 20 mins||Serves: 1-2|
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Grumpy Ginger Malaysian Red Curry Paste
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 8 ounces green beans, halved
- 16 ounces firm tofu, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked noodles (rice vermicelli or egg noodles) for serving
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges, optional, for garnish
Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the sliced onion and cook for 8-12 minutes until it begins to soften.
Add Grumpy Ginger Malaysian red curry paste and toss to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and hard-simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the torn tofu and green beans. Cook for 5 minutes until the beans are bright green and tender crisp. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Turn off the heat. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer on low for 3 minutes.
Divide the cooked noodles between soup bowls and ladle the hot broth on top. Garnish with lime and cilantro. Enjoy!
Kylie's notes: you can add literally ANYTHING to this! Throw on some bean sprouts or finish with some spinach in the soup. Not vegan? Serve with a jammy egg or shredded chicken if ya want!