Recipe from: Monisha Pillai (fomo_by_mo)
|Prep Time: 20 mins||Cook Time: 1 hour (with resting time)||Serves: 6-8|
- Frozen puff pastry
- 500g ground chicken
- 2 golden Yukon or russet potatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 jar of mild or spicy grumpy ginger red curry blend
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions until translucent or golden brown. Add ground chicken and stir fry until chicken is cooked (~3-5 minutes). Skip the chicken if vegetarian.
- Add Grumpy Ginger red curry paste and cooked potatoes. Give it a good mix.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir until the water evaporates. Top with chopped cilantro if using and let cool for ~20 minutes.
- Thaw frozen puff pastry while curry filling is cooling down.
- Once thawed, use a circle cutter to cut the puff pastry into rounds and place it on a wax or parchment paper. Place back in fridge for ~10 minutes to harden slightly (optional)
- Add a spoonful of filling to the middle of the puff pastry.
- Fold it in half and fold the pastry edges with your hands to seal it.
- Heat vegetable oil in a big pot. Once the oil is hot and it starts to sizzle, add curry puffs in batches and fry till golden (~3-4 minutes).
- Let cool on a plate with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and enjoy!!
You can follow Monisha's food adventures at @fomo_by_mo on instagram!