A quintessential Malaysian dish. The OG. The Classic. Fragrant and comforting with a kick, authentic Malaysian red curry for a solo night in, quick family dinner, impressive date night or your next dinner party. All under 30 minutes. Dreams do come true.
Traditionally served with chicken thighs, potatoes and tomatoes, but improvise with your favorite protein and veggies! You do you.
|Prep Time: 5 mins||Cook Time: 20 mins||Serves: 2-3|
For the Curry
- 1/4 jar Grumpy Ginger Malaysian Red Curry blend
- 1-1.5lbs chicken thighs or preferred choice of protein (cubed)
- 1/4 can full-fat coconut milk (100mL)
- 1-2 medium russet potatoes cut into quarters
- 1-2 medium roma tomatoes cut into wedges
- Steamed jasmine rice
- Roti canai (Malaysian flatbread found in Trader Joe’s frozen aisle, on Umami Cart, or at any Asian grocery store)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Favorite veggies
Sauté 1/4 jar of paste for 2-3 mins until fragrant.
Add chicken thighs or desired protein and coat in Grumpy Ginger paste. Cook for ~3 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup water and simmer covered on medium heat for ~8-10 mins.
Add potatoes & tomatoes. Continue simmering for ~5 mins until chicken is cooked through.
Add 1/4 can (100mL) of full-fat coconut milk and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins until desired consistency is reached.
Serve with fresh jasmine rice and side dishes.