Malaysian Red Curry, Double Trouble
- Nutrition Facts
Bang Bang. Dynamic Duo. Call it what you want, this two-piece is the perfect way to keep your kitchen interesting for longer. Or share the love and gift one to a friend whose cooking could use some constructive criticism.
- Each jar serves 8+ meals
- Vegan, gluten free, 0g added sugar, no preservatives or additives
- What else you'll need: preferred protein / veggies and coconut milk
- Recommended side dishes: roti (Malaysian flatbread found in Trader Joe’s frozen aisle, on Umami Cart, or at any Asian grocery store), fresh veggies and jasmine rice
1/4 Jar Serves 2-3:
Sauté 1/4 jar of paste for 2-3 mins.
Add 1-1.5lbs chicken or desired protein and coat in paste.
Simmer covered with 1/4 cup water for 10-15 mins.
Once protein is cooked, add 1/4 can (100mL) full-fat coconut milk and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins until desired consistency is reached.
Serve with fresh jasmine rice, roti and side dishes.
For larger serving sizes, see table below.
Sunflower oil, lemongrass, shallot, ginger, garlic, sea salt, red chili pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, fennel seed, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardamom
- Grumpy Ginger: Not too much! It's really concentrated
- Protein: Cubes for max flavor absorption, but whole pieces are fine too!
- Water: Use less water and more coconut milk for a thicker consistency
- Coconut Milk: Add after chicken is cooked. Adding too early will thin out the consistency
- Veggies: Add once chicken is cooked for a crunchy texture or add earlier for a softer chew
This paste is SO good and supper easy to make! Highly recommend!
This curry paste is heavenly - it's so easy to use to quickly prepare a meal and is absolutely delicious. Highly recommend!
This stuff is fantastic! The balance of chili and fresh herbs/spices is incredible, and I love how easy it was to turn an otherwise boring meal prep of chicken, rice, and veggies into a large batch of delicious and nutritious curry that I was excited to eat for the rest of the week.
Give it a try!
I love Grumpy Ginger! The curry is super versatile... you can mix and match with different veggies and meats but it tastes delicious every time. It's so easy to use and also makes for a great gift!
Bought this without thinking too much, left it in my fridge for a few days and took it out to cook for a few friends... now they all think I'm a cooking genius! It was super easy to make and everyone loved it. I can't wait to do this again!