Malaysian Red Curry, Double Trouble
- Nutrition Facts
Bang Bang. Dynamic Duo. Call it what you want, this two-piece is the perfect way to keep your kitchen interesting for longer. Or share the love and gift one to a friend whose cooking could use some constructive criticism.
- Each jar serves 8+ meals
- Vegan, gluten free, 0g added sugar, no preservatives or additives
- What else you'll need: preferred protein / veggies and coconut milk
- Recommended side dishes: roti (Malaysian flatbread found in Trader Joe’s frozen aisle, on Umami Cart, or at any Asian grocery store), fresh veggies and jasmine rice
1/4 Jar Serves 2-3:
Sauté 1/4 jar of paste for 2-3 mins.
Add 1-1.5lbs chicken or desired protein and coat in paste.
Simmer covered with 1/4 cup water for 10-15 mins.
Once protein is cooked, add 1/4 can (100mL) full-fat coconut milk and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins until desired consistency is reached.
Serve with fresh jasmine rice, roti and side dishes.
For larger serving sizes, see table below.
Sunflower oil, lemongrass, shallot, ginger, garlic, sea salt, red chili pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, fennel seed, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardamom
- Grumpy Ginger: Not too much! Its really concentrated
- Protein: Cubes for max flavor absorption, but whole pieces are fine too!
- Water: Use less water and more coconut milk for a thicker consistency
- Coconut Milk: Add after chicken is cooked. Adding too early will thin out the consistency
- Veggies: Add once chicken is cooked for a crunchy texture or add earlier for a softer chew
I highly recommend Grumpy Ginger's curry. Could not have enjoyed it more and will be a repeat buyer and consumer. Thank you!
This curry base is perfectly matched to my basic kitchen abilities but my sophisticated taste! It’s amazing how far a jar can go! We have used chicken and chickpeas as proteins and both have worked wonderfully. I really appreciate the allergen free, non GMO, easy to follow directions and quality taste. Then again, the company had me at the name, Grumpy Ginger! So cute!
This is such a great gift to anyone trying to get into Malaysian cuisine!
I had a great time cooking with the grumpy red curry . Most red curry are generic and not grumpy .It has the most authentic flavors, i did not use other ingredients except some lime and tamarind juice .I wanted to taste the paste so i kept it simple . 100% aromatic , umami , fragrance, full body flavors . Nothing Fake. Let’s make the Malaysian Chili 🌶 Paste great again.
LOVE this curry. It’s my new favourite go to. The mild is actually quite mild so I like to mix it 50/50 with the spicy curry for my perfect level of spice! It’s a huge crowd pleaser and has been added to my regular meal rotation.