Malaysian Red Curry, Spicy!
- Nutrition Facts
Fragrant and indulgent with a kick, our signature red curry is the perfect way to spice up everything from a quiet night in to your next big dinner party. Fresh herbs like lemongrass and ginger add brightness to each bowl, while spices like coriander seed, toasted cumin and red chili lend an unexpected complexity and depth.
- Each jar serves 8+ meals
- For curry, just add preferred protein / veggies and coconut milk
- Also try with fried rice, baked fish, noodles and more!
- Recommended side dishes: roti (Malaysian flatbread found in Trader Joe’s frozen aisle, on Umami Cart, or at any Asian grocery store), fresh veggies and jasmine rice
- Heat level: Spicy
1/4 Jar Serves 2-3:
Sauté 1/4 jar of paste for 2-3 mins.
Add 1-1.5lbs chicken or desired protein and coat in paste.
Simmer covered with 1/4 cup water for 10-15 mins.
Once protein is cooked, add 1/4 can (100mL) full-fat coconut milk and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins until desired consistency is reached.
Serve with fresh jasmine rice, roti and side dishes.
For larger serving sizes, see table below.
Sunflower oil, lemongrass, shallot, ginger, garlic, sea salt, red chili pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, fennel seed, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardamom
- Grumpy Ginger: Not too much! Its really concentrated
- Protein: Cubes for max flavor absorption, but whole pieces are fine too!
- Water: Use less water and more coconut milk for a thicker consistency
- Coconut Milk: Add after chicken is cooked. Adding too early will thin out the consistency
- Veggies: Add once chicken is cooked for a crunchy texture or add earlier for a softer chew
I have been cooking recently with the Malaysian Red Curry, Spicy! It is a fabulous product. It has a rich intensity of flavor and contains a perfect spice level. Just a small amount goes a long way and elevates almost anything that it is put with. You can tell that Grumpy Ginger has really perfected this paste. It has a heat level which is hot, but not too hot and the aromatics are perfectly balanced. Well done!! Looking forward to everything else they come up with.
So flavorful and created with the perfect combination of spices. Paired with rice, this curry meal just makes my day. Just bought a bundle more and cant wait to try the mild version too!
The spicy Malaysian red curry was packed with flavor. I made it with firm tofu and it was a quick, easy, and delicious meal. Highly recommend and will be ordering more ASAP!
I tried this and immediately tossed all my other curry mixes. Can't recommend enough: Grumpy Ginger takes all the work out of making an authentic Southeast Asian curry that satisfies all the right cravings.
Also it keeps really well in the fridge! Leftovers tasted great.
I am now officially a great Malaysian cook thanks to grumpy ginger! The joy is real, the burn is real, the heat is real!
Long live Grumpy Ginger!