Malaysian Red Curry, Bundle
- Nutrition Facts
For the die-hard curry lovers out there. Stock up on your favorite or mix and match for some variety.
- Each jar serves 8+ meals
- Vegan, gluten free, 0g added sugar, no preservatives or additives
- What else you'll need: preferred protein / veggies and coconut milk
- Recommended side dishes: roti (Malaysian flatbread found in Trader Joe’s frozen aisle, on Umami Cart, or at any Asian grocery store), fresh veggies and jasmine rice
1/4 Jar Serves 2-3:
Sauté 1/4 jar of paste for 2-3 mins.
Add 1-1.5lbs chicken or desired protein and coat in paste.
Simmer covered with 1/4 cup water for 10-15 mins.
Once protein is cooked, add 1/4 can (100mL) full-fat coconut milk and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins until desired consistency is reached.
Serve with fresh jasmine rice, roti and side dishes.
For larger serving sizes, see table below.
Sunflower oil, lemongrass, shallot, ginger, garlic, sea salt, red chili pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, fennel seed, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardamom
- Grumpy Ginger: Not too much! Its really concentrated
- Protein: Cubes for max flavor absorption, but whole pieces are fine too!
- Water: Use less water and more coconut milk for a thicker consistency
- Coconut Milk: Add after chicken is cooked. Adding too early will thin out the consistency
- Veggies: Add once chicken is cooked for a crunchy texture or add earlier for a softer chew
While this looks like the popular "Chili Crisps" that are flooding the market is is nothing like those products. It has a wonderful depth of flavors and beyond making a fantastic traditional Malaysian curry, it is an amazingly versatile addition for many preparations including as a marinade & glaze for grilling both animal proteins and vegetables. I even used the spicy (not too hot) version to make a dipping sauce for homemade dumplings.
I love Grumpy Ginger so much that I bought it for my friends to try also. It makes a great Hostess Gift! So far I have used the Malaysian Red Curry with different meals, including chicken, pork and sautéed vegetables. I have only tried the mild (as I don’t like things too spicy) and it tastes great on all of them. Will certainly buy more!
Having abundance and choice in the kitchen is always clutch and the bundle is just that! This is so good it makes me want to feed a lot of people!
I bought 4 jars of Grumpy Ginger's Spicy Malaysian Curry, and it was amazing! I just followed the instructions and added some chicken/bell peppers/onions/garlic. And *Chef's Kiss". The coconut milk added another layer of toasty flavor -- can't wait to make more! It's very reminiscent of Thai curry too (for folks who have never had Malaysian curry).